Tuesday, December 06, 2005

do i really need to title this?

Argh! My idiot (but still very lovable =x) boyfriend pulled the plug on my precious mac when he sat down to take a look at my land law essay just now. Coincidentally, I was halfway through the current post. Woe is me.

It has been 5 freakin days, 3 emails and too many dashed mornings; and my NWT Abercrombie Candace Bomber Jacket (worth US$135, retail price: US$200) is NOT HERE YET! How can this be?!? Here, let me show you a picture of my soon-to-be fantabulous jacket:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Isn't she (yep, definitely a she) super warm and snug and gorgeous? I can't wait to run my hands through the faux fur lining! mm... =)

Ok, enough of my bimbo self.

Oh wait. Let me put up another photo of me as a photo whore on my 20th birthday!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey, why is the photo so big? Ah nevermind. Do i need to rotate it as well? Too much effort. Rotate your head instead. haha. --- done! see im so nice (thanks Keat! I promise to put ur photo up soon and tell everyone how much I adore you... hahahahahaha)

Speaking of birthdays, Happy 21st birthday Kai and Chu! I promise to buy you guys nice things from London ok? =) Can't wait to come back and go out with you guys! *smile*

Anyway.

Why do people only cherish the things they have lost? Are we, as a race, so emotionally stunted that we cannot appreciate the good in our lives until they are no more? A friend of mine recently broke up with her long term (a year and a bit) boyfriend because she realised that they could not communicate. The boyfriend (who was always a bit of a chauvinist) has done a complete turn around and morphed into super-sensitive, super-caring, flower-sending, gift-bearing, super boyfriend to be. (and I say this without any sarcasm whatsoever)

A bit late isn't it?

But there are success stories of course. The ex-and-current boyfriend of my best friend was.. hm.. I cant find the words to describe him.. a bastard (obviously not in the literal sense). His sins are too many to name, and needless to say, I was frustrated and angry that she was chaining herself to a boy who was not worthy of her. But I kept my mouth shut, because I knew (from experience), that she would look past the faults of the one she really loved.

Anyhow, they broke up (oh no, he broke up with her), and then got extremely jealous that she was seeing other people, and tried to chase her back. Again, there was this extreme personality makeover and he became (supposedly. I am still not convinced) the man of her dreams. And of course, she fell back into his arms.

My point is, cherish the one you love before you realise that you can't live without them but you have to. It is the little things that count, the kiss in the morning (albeit with morning breath), the TLC when your partner is ill, and the countless little things that show her that she is the one you want to be with.

insatiable at 3:58 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment